SMRS Absolute Encoders with BiSS-C Interface
The BiSS-C interface is a fully-digital bidirectional connection for absolute measuring systems. Therefore, BiSS-C has been designed for maximum performance, transmission reliability and security.
The great advantage of the BiSS-C interface is its open source protocol, offering high speeds (data rate up to 10 MHz) and a delay compensation for the optimal operation of the drive system.
- Fully digital and bidirectional
- Open source – non proprietary
- Real-time position and status feedback
- Suitable for motor feedback systems
- Motor data and maintenance information can be stored and read out easily in the encoder
- Faster and more cost-effective than standard field bus and Ethernet systems
- Easy integration with the support of the Hohner experts team
The SMRS Series from Hohner include SSI and BiSS-C interfaces, as well as BiSS-C+Sin/Cos and SSI+Sin/Cos, which increase their versatility by including an analog output.